ITF VALENCIA 2015
Flying into Valencia (Spain)
Valencia Airport (VLC) is located in Manises, 6 km (3 nautical miles) from the downtown Valencia. It is well connected to the downtown área by bus, metro and taxi.
Valencia Airport is well connected with the main European airports, such as London, Paris, Amsterdam, Zurich, Milan and Rome.
- Valencia Airport – http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Valencia/en
The largest airlines at the Airport are Iberia, Air France, British Airways, Swiss Airlines.
- Iberia Airlines – Spain – http://www.iberia.com/?language=en
- Iberia Airlines – USA – http://www.iberia.com/us/
- Air France – http://www.airfrance.com/indexCom_en.html
- British Airways – http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_us
- Swiss Airlines – http://www.swiss.com/us/en
If you are coming from outside Europe, a good option is to fly to Madrid or Barcelona and from there, take the train or bus to Valencia.
There is a direct bus to Valencia from Madrid Airport (Terminals 1 and 4). It takes approximately 5 hours – http://www.avanzabus.com/web/castellon-valencia-madrid-aeropuerto-de-barajas.html
If you prefer to come by train, you will have to take a shuttle bus – which costs 5€ – at the Madrid Airport that will take you to Atocha Station, Once there, you will have to take the AVE to Valencia. The train will take between 1 hour and a half to 2 hours, depending on the train selected. The train website is www.renfe.es.
There is also a direct bus to Valencia from the Barcelona Airport. It will take approximately 4 hours for the trip. The bus website is www.alsa.es.
If you prefer to come by train, you should take the Suburban railway (or a bus) to Sants Station. There you should take a train to Valencia. It will take approximately 3 hours for the trip. The train website is www.renfe.es.